Boxing Day can feel like quite a strange name for a holiday in many senses. I often imagined it had something to do with actual fisticuffs as a child. My vivid imagination took me on different paths to why the day after Christmas got such a name 🙂 Tracking back where the term has come from has led historians in different directions as well. The theories where the word is originated from are many. But, they all boil down to the same thing: share and give!
Boxing Day, Second Day of Christmas, Day of Goodwill, Saint Stephen’s Day, Second Day of Christmastide, Day after Xmas or December 26th. A day with many names, a holiday in some countries and a day when everything goes back to normal in other countries, even though the festive season continues.
No matter where in the world you are, on holiday or not, it is a day to remember the less fortunate, friends and family and to share.
Boxing Day Origin
The Oxford English Dictionary traces the origin of the word Boxing Day back to 1833. This was when the earliest print of this term was found—four years before Charles Dickens referred to it in his “The Pickwick Papers”.
We might not know precisely where the term originated from; even the historians do not agree in between themselves about the origin of this term. However, many of the theories are though that it goes back to the charity that was distributed to the lower classes on the day after Christmas. And with that, back to the joy of giving what you can provide.
Whether it was the Christmas boxes filled with small gifts, money and leftovers from the Christmas dinner given to servants in the household or the Alm boxes placed in the churches during the Advent that gave the name, the theme is to share and give. December 26th is also the feast of St. Stephen, the first Christian martyr, a saint known for his acts of charity. A true day for sharing and giving in all senses.
Boxing Day at SQOOM
Christmas might be over, but the festive season continues! And so does our SQOOM Christmas Bundles Offers! So you still have time to make yourself or somebody else happy, not only over the festive season but throughout the year. Our offers are valid through December 31st and if you read this far, use the code sqoomxmas21 when you checkout for a 45 % discount on our Christmas Bundles!
SQOOM Christmas Bundles
On this Boxing Day and until the end of the year, we have three Premium Christmas Bundles that will give joy and happiness to anybody that receives them!
The Anti-age Premium Christmas Bundle
The Anti-age Premium Bundle contains all you need to care for your skin during 2022. Reduce fine lines and wrinkles and enter the new year with smooth and soft skin.
- SQOOM M2 Galvanic Facial Device – This treatment helps to improve hydration levels and blood circulation, leading to firmer and fresh-looking skin and at the same time opening the pores so the nutrients in the serums can naturally penetrate the deeper layers of the skin.
- Cleanser Serum – For a deep cleansing process, supply the skin with moisture and prepare it for the SQOOM treatment. It contains Panthenol and Chamomile extract that has a skin-soothing and relaxing effect.
- Booster Serum – Gives fresh and velvety-smooth skin with immediate effect.
- H+ Serum – Small hyaluronic acid particles of low molecular weight are transported to the deeper skin layers, where they refill hollow spaces left by the ageing process
deSpot Brightening Gift Bundle
The perfect bundle for perfect, spotless skin throughout 2022! And the ideal way to reduce age spots and brighten the skin.
- SQOOM M2 Galvanic Facial Device – This treatment helps to improve hydration levels and blood circulation, leading to firmer and fresh-looking skin and at the same time opening the pores so the nutrients in the serums can naturally penetrate the deeper layers of the skin
- 1 xCential Cleanser Serum gives a deep interactive physical cleansing process. xCential Cleanser Serum supplies the skin with moisture and prepares it for the SQOOM treatment. In addition, the serum contains panthenol and chamomile extract that has a skin-soothing and relaxing effect.
- 1 Booster Serum is a 24 hour concentrated moisture boost that gives you fresh and velvety-smooth skin with immediate effect. The depth of the wrinkles seems reduced already after one single application and has an 8-hour anti-wrinkle effect.
- 1 deSpot brightening serum contains a unique combination of sulforaphane and genistein’s active ingredients, which fight the free radicals. This combination brightens the skin areas and reduces age spots in a liposomal variety.
Relaxed skin, deep cleansed and with a smoothness that you have to experience is what our Q1 device, together with the serums, can do for your skin! Not only this, but this treatment also effectively reduces fine lines and wrinkles. It is the perfect way to start the new year!
- SQOOM Q1 – The SQOOM Q1 facial device uses microcurrent waves combined with LED light therapy for deep cleansing and nutrition of the skin. In nutrition mode, microcurrent passes a painless electrical current of the effective ingredients in the serums deep into the skin.
- 2 xCential Booster Serums. Booster Serum is a 24 hour concentrated moisture boost that gives you fresh and velvety-smooth skin with immediate effect. The depth of the wrinkles seems reduced already after one single application and has an 8-hour anti-wrinkle effect.
- Aqua Tonic and Cotton pads – Free of charge!
Three Premium Bundles to give to yourself or your loved ones during this festive season. The feeling of giving is magic, and so is the sense of receiving. So why not make somebody happy these last days of 2021 with a gift that will truly brighten their days throughout the year 2022?
Great content! Keep up the good work!